If you know your topic better than anyone else out there, why is it so hard to get Media attention?
As a former Oprah Show Post Producer and nonfiction author, I get it. I truly do.
You’ve spent months, maybe years, writing a nonfiction book, creating an innovative product, or developing a much-needed service based on your unique expertise. You want to get publicity for your message. But you don’t know how.
Well - you’re in the right place.
I’m glad you’re here. No doubt, you’ve accomplished a lot. The trouble is though, something is starting to sink in. Your area of expertise and Media – well, they’re worlds apart.
I know – it’s incredibly frustrating. And usually, this is where most people get stuck.
I mean, do any of these sound familiar?
- You have no idea how to get media coverage
- You lack clarity and focus about your core message
- You wouldn’t know what to say if the Media came calling
- You’re scared you’ll make a big mistake on the air
- You don’t know how to build relationships with key media professionals
- You need media tips and strategies that are easy to digest and implement quickly
YOUR MEDIA ROADMAP
You’re not alone. Just about every day I talk with people like you who have important – even life changing – messages to share, but they have no idea how to navigate the confusing media landscape. They seek publicity but they don’t know where to start. They feel lost.
So it occurred to me that to many people, Media is like a foreign country. You don’t know the terrain, you don’t understand the culture, and you don’t speak the language. No wonder you’re lost.
But here’s the thing. I speak Media.
And because I know the landscape, the culture, and the language of Media, I knew I had to create a roadmap to help you get to where you want to be.
WHO AM I & WHY SHOULD YOU LISTEN TO ME?
Hi, I’m Mary O’Donohue, a nonfiction author, expert, and speaker, like many of you. But I’m unique in that I also know what day-to-day life is like for people working behind the scenes on major television shows, because I’ve been one of them. For more than 30 years I’ve worked in media, starting in radio, then local television news, and ultimately working my way up to national programs like Meet the Press, NBC Nightly News, The Today Show, and numerous talk shows, including the incredibly successful, unparalleled leader of them all, The Oprah Winfrey Show, where I spent 12 seasons, the last 8 as a Post Producer.
To say that I know my way around a TV studio, control room or edit room is quite an understatement. I’ve spent more than 3 decades immersed in the culture of top TV shows, working on literally thousands of episodes of programs seen by millions and millions of people.
The 30 DAY MEDIA MENTOR self-guided audio course is based on my experience both behind and in front of the camera – to help YOU. Because when you’re learning something new, and venturing into unchartered territory, there is nothing better than having a Mentor guiding you every step of the way.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
People who have expertise and want to reach a significant audience and maximize their impact, such as:
Nonfiction Authors, Life Coaches, Fitness Experts, Health and Wellness Professionals, Designers, Tech Experts, Relationship Coaches, Fashion Leaders, Psychologists, Professional Speakers, Financial Experts, Leadership Coaches, Event Planners, Parenting Experts, Movement Leaders, etc...
Here’s how the 30 DAY MEDIA MENTOR program works:
- It's an audio program that will be delivered to your email inbox once daily over the course of 30 days. As soon as you sign up and confirm your email, the first day's lesson will be sent to you.
- Each day’s audio lesson is about 3 minutes long.
- Listen to the audio lessons on your phone, tablet, or laptop in the morning, afternoon, or evening – whatever works for your schedule.
- Each lesson comes with a daily action step.
- The daily action steps typically take about 15 minutes.
- Build crucial media skills one at a time over 30 days.
- It’s designed to easily fit into your busy lifestyle.
And, as a bonus for completing the 30 Day Media Mentor workshop, at the end of the program you’ll receive a Media Success Guide I’ve created just for you with the Top 10 Publicity Resources to help you get media coverage!
So, do you want to know the key steps to get your message media ready so it’s effective and serves your audience and your mission?
Are you ready for a Media Mentor to make it so much easier than if you had to do it all on your own?
Let’s get started!